Thursday, December 3, 2020

NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2020 Preview & Predictions

NXT WarGames is this Sunday and I miss it being the night before Survivor Series so I could enjoy a whole weekend of team gimmick matches.  That was the stuff.  Back when I used to watch WWE....


Anyway, this year's lineup looks solid as usual, and as has been the case basically all year I have no real idea what's going on with NXT so I'm taking a stab in the dark with these predictions.  Let's go.



Tomasso Ciampa vs. Timothy Thatcher


I know these two have been feuding for a while and that this match should be highly technical, and thus good.  I guess I'll pick Ciampa to win.

Pick: Tomasso Ciampa




Dexter Lumis vs. Cameron Grimes


Both of these names are terrible; I dunno who in WWE is in charge of picking the names they saddle these poor folks with, but that person should be canned immediately.  Dexter Lumis sounds like the dork in science class whose notes you cheat off of, on your way to a half-assed C-minus.  Cameron Grimes sounds like a spoiled trust fund baby who ties a cardigan around his neck and plays racquetball with his fiancee.  Neither of these names remotely inspire fear, or even curiosity.  Pick better names.

Pick: I'll go with Johnny Country Club over there, Cameron Grimes



North American Championship Triple Threat: Leon Ruff vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Damian Priest


Feels like this belt is just hopping around willy-nilly these days.  What is it, the WCW Cruiserweight Title?  Anyway there's lots of talent in this match so it should be a helluva sprint.  I'll go with the champ to retain I suppose.

Pick: Ruff retains




Women's WarGames: Io Shirai/Rhea Ripley/Ember Moon/Shotzi Blackheart vs. Candice LaRae/Dakota Kai/Raquel Gonzalez/Toni Storm


Both WarGames matches look strong on paper.  I especially like how stacked Io's team is.  I wonder when Ripley will get the call-up; she's owed a major main roster push.  This match has the babyfaces with the entry advantage, which goes against the whole logic of WarGames, but I guess you gotta do that once in a while.  I'll pick the babyfaces to win.

Pick: Team Shirai




Men's WarGames: Undisputed Era vs. Pat McAfee/Pete Dunne/Danny Burch/Oney Lorcan


Lotta talent in this one too.  I'd say if they're serious at all about this McAfee stable the bad guys need to win this.  UE can afford the loss here.  Should be a fine contest regardless.

Pick: Team McAfee


Those are my picks, short and sweet.  My main roster batting average this year has been pretty amazing considering I don't watch the shows anymore; I've been doing well with recent NXT specials too, so I'm feelin' pretty good about these predictions.

Thanks for reading - subscribe to our mailing list, and follow us on Twitter, MeWe, Mix, Facebook and YouTube!







No comments:

Post a Comment